For many shoppers and deal-seekers, Thanksgiving and Black Friday have been circled on calendars for months, and for good reason; it’s one of the best times to score deals on holiday gifts and must-haves.
But this year, customers can’t wait until Turkey Day to start their holiday shopping.
“More than ever, customers don’t need to wait until next week to find great deals in stores and online,” said Mike Mohan, chief merchandising officer at Best Buy. “Some of the lowest prices on the hottest tech gadgets are available right now.”
Need more proof? Here are five reasons you should start shopping now:
1. Thanksgiving Day football
The table is set, the turkey is roasting – it’s football time. How can you watch the game on your new-and-improved TV if you’re waiting until next week to buy it, especially when there are legit deals right now?
Swing by Best Buy and pick up a Samsung 48-inch LED Smart HDTV for $279.99 (save $220), a Toshiba 55-inch LED HDTV with built-in Chromecast for $349.99 (save $100), or if you want to go all out, a Vizio 70-inch 4K UHD TV with a built-in Chromecast for $999.99 (save $300.)
And don’t forget about sound. Save $132 on Samsung Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer ($147.99.)
2. Holiday hosting prep
So you’re hosting Turkey Day again this year – and unfortunately, your home won’t clean itself and your meal won’t cook itself. How do you prep for guests if you don’t have what you need?
Best Buy has hot deals on everything you need for cooking (for example, save $50 on all Vitamix blenders) and tidying up before guests arrive (Dyson V6 Total Clean Stick Vacuum for $379.99, savings of $170.)
3. Post-election dinner table conversation
We all have that family member. Although Nov. 8 has come and gone, many of us dread that guest (or two) who has become a political pundit and can’t wait to share his or her election views with you.
You’re going to need to tune them out – Sony wireless headphones, which are $110 off, should help.
4. Family photos
This is one of few times of year you’re surrounded by all of your loved ones, so you’re not going to want to miss the photo opportunities. This weekend, get an Instax instant film camera bundle with two cameras and two sets of film for $99.99 (save $50.)
5. Your holiday shopping budget
Wouldn’t a $450 Best Buy gift card help your holiday gifting budget? Wouldn’t a new Samsung smartphone sweeten the deal?
Trade in any working smartphone for a new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge on a Sprint or Verizon installment billing plan and you’ll get a $450 Best Buy gift card. For free.
Speaking of your holiday shopping budget, save even more this weekend with deals like:
- Save $220 on Asus Q304 Touch-Screen Laptop ($479.99)
- Save $90 on Dell Inspiron 14-inch Laptop ($139.99)
- Save $100 on Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit ($149.99)
- Save 50% on Samsung SmartThings Hub ($49.99)
- Save $120 on Samsung 60-inch LED Smart HDTV ($579.99)
- Save $70 on mophie powerstation 4000 ($9.99)
- Savings on GoPro Hero4 Silver
- Save $70 on NETGEAR Nighthawk/Geek Squad Dual-band Wi-Fi Router ($179.99)
- Includes one year of Geek Squad® set up and support
- Save $200 and free $10 Best Buy Gift Card with purchase of Samsung 4K UHD Blu-ray Player ($199.99)