- Click here for Best Buy Foundation: Request For Proposals
- Complete the grant eligibility quiz online at easymatch.com/bestbuygrant
Requests for Proposals for Community Grants
Complete the grant eligibility quiz online at
As technology becomes more ingrained in our society, Best Buy knows it is increasingly necessary for youth to develop the 21st-century skills that will set them up for future career success. Yet, we also know that a participation gap exists. Too many teens have little or no access to technology and, as a result, they fall behind their peers.
As a company, and through our Best Buy Foundation, we are on a mission to provide teens with places and opportunities to develop technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices.
We strive to leverage our local community presence, our technology resources and our talented employees to provide new and creative programs to serve our communities.
Best Buy Community Grants — Reference Community Grant Overview in the RFP for updates
Best Buy Foundation will donate up to $2 million in Community Grants to local and regional nonprofit organizations that provide teens with places and opportunities to develop 21st century technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices.
Examples of program activities include:
- Computer programming
- Digital imaging (photography, graphic design, videography)
- Music production
- Gaming and mobile app development
Community Grants are designed to support local efforts and are reviewed for consideration by Best Buy teams across the nation. The average grant amount is $5,000 and will not exceed $10,000.
Eligibility Criteria — Reference Eligibility Criteria in the RFP for updates
Best Buy seeks applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and public agencies that have tax-exempt status and are giving teens access to opportunities through technology. Minimum eligibility criteria include:
- Organization must provide direct services to build technology skills in teens, ages 13-18
- Eligible nonprofits may be a public or nonprofit community-based organization (for example, community center, school or library).
- Location must be within 50 miles of a Best Buy store, Best Buy Mobile location, Best Buy Distribution Center, Best Buy Service Center or Best Buy’s corporate campus. To find store locations, visit www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Organizations that have engaged Best Buy employee volunteers will receive special consideration.
- Grants are awarded for one year. We invite grantees to re-apply based on program results, although there are no guarantees of multi-year grants. Previous grantees must submit a report before applying for subsequent funding.
- Organization must serve a diverse population in local or regional communities.
- Organization must show positive results against a demonstrated community need and will be required to submit a grantee report.
- Organizations within the Twin Cities seven-county metro area are eligible and can apply for Best Buy Foundation support through the Community Grants Program or Twin Cities Fund, but not both.
How to Apply
- Complete the grant eligibility quiz online at http://www.easymatch.com/bestbuygrant between June 2-29, 2015.
- Create a user profile and an organization profile.
- Preview the required elements of the grant proposal.
- Identify a Best Buy location near you at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator and enter the store or location number in the grant proposal.
- Complete the grant proposal by 8 a.m. EDT on June 29, 2015.
- Notification date: Sept. 15, 2015.
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-625-4350.