Welcome to the Best Buy Press Center. Here you will find news releases and facts about Best Buy.
Our team works to respond to all media inquiries as soon as possible.
FOR THE MEDIA:
With stores in all 50 states, we have expert Blue Shirt sales associates and Geek Squad agents all across the country. Our store employees frequently serve as sources or experts for local and national stories about technology trends, new products and how people get the most out of the tech they already have. We frequently allow reporter access to our stores, but there are times when our employees need to focus on serving our customers.
For customer care issues, please call 1-888-BEST-BUY.
- Best Buy Reports Better-Than-Expected First Quarter Revenue and Profit
- Best Buy Partners with Vivint Smart Home to Launch Leading-Edge Smart Home Service
- Best Buy Boosts Commitment to Underserved Youth with Expanded Geek Squad Academy Season
- Best Buy Policy Regarding Child Pornography Found on Customers’ Computers
- Best Buy Reports Better-than-Expected Fourth Quarter Results
- Best Buy Announces Increased Capital Return to Shareholders
- The company was founded by Richard Schulze in 1966 and called Sound of Music before the name changed to Best Buy in 1983.
- Best Buy generates nearly $40 billion annually.
- Best Buy has more than 1,500 stores in North America, including large-format and Best Buy Mobile stores, and employs more than 125,000 people.
- Through its recycling program, Best Buy collects 409 pounds of electronics each minute the stores are open.