Seventy-five percent of Americans say that just because they started their holiday shopping early doesn’t mean they’ll finish early, according to a new national study1 commissioned by Best Buy.
These last-minute shoppers pull out all the stops to get gifts in time for the holidays, including shopping online at work (24 percent), staying up all night (17 percent) and shopping on the way to a holiday event (13 percent).
As they consider their final shopping lists, 67 percent of Americans believe tech gadgets are easier to shop for than clothing as a last-minute holiday present.
The good news is there is still time, and Best Buy is making it easy to focus on your job, catch some Z’s and get your shopping done in time for the holidays.
For those planning ahead:
- Free expedited shipping to get gifts by Christmas. Starting today, thousands of products on BestBuy.com are now eligible for a free shipping upgrade2. Purchases made by 10:30 a.m. CT Tuesday, Dec. 22, will now automatically receive free expedited two-day shipping so packages arrive by Christmas3. BestBuy.com will also offer overnight shipping options, at a cost, for those shopping on Wednesday, Dec. 23. Visit Best.Buy.com for more shipping details.
For those with no time to lose:
- Store pickup options. Shoppers have until 4 p.m. local time on Christmas Eve to order on BestBuy.com and pick up in-store before the doors close at 6 p.m. For the ultimate procrastinators shopping on Christmas Day, BestBuy.com is always open for e-gift cards.
- Extended store hours:
- Friday, Dec. 18 – Saturday, Dec. 19: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 20: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 21 – Wednesday, Dec. 23: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 24: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For those who have everything but need some help:
- Gift of Geek Squad. Customers can easily give their loved ones a Geek Squad house call for tech setup and troubleshooting help through the “Gift of Geek Squad.” The limited-edition holiday gift package is good for an hour of in-home tech setup and support from a Geek Squad Agent and is available in stores for $99.99 or $149.99. The Gift of Geek Squad can be redeemed for a range of services supporting computers, tablets and mobile devices, TVs/video, routers/Wi-Fi connections and more.
- Free Geek Squad setup. Free Geek Squad setup is available on select tech gifts this season including Apple Watch, GoPro HERO4, Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and more. When customers buy a qualifying gift, they will receive instructions to pass along to their gift recipient on how to set up a free one-on-one appointment with a Geek Squad Agent. Visit BestBuy.com/FreeSetup to view the qualifying gifts.
Brands and deals people want
Who needs another sweater? You don’t have to worry about finding the right size and color when shopping for the latest technology. Some of the best last-minute gifts and deals include:
- Save up to $300 on select MacBook and iMac
- Save $100 on all Apple Watch
- Save $125 on iPad Air 2
- Save $100 on iPhone with purchase and two-year activation on Verizon or Sprint, plus get a guaranteed $200 Best Buy gift card with trade-in of an iPhone 5 or newer (trade-in available in stores only)
- Sharp 43” Smart TV with Roku for $349.99
- Samsung 55” 4K Ultra HD TV for $999.99 (Save $600)
- Insignia 32” HDTV for $149.99
Headphones and Bluetooth speakers
- Buy any speaker or headphone, get the second for 30% off
- Save $30 on Bose QuietComfort 25 noise-canceling headphones
- Save $250 on Harman Kardon Onyx 2 Bluetooth wireless speaker
Other great deals
- Save $50 on all Xbox One consoles, get a free controller with purchase
- All Nespresso 30% off
- Garmin Vivosmart activity tracker for $79.99 (Save $50)
- Free GoPro smart remote with purchase of GoPro HERO4 Silver (BestBuy.com only)
BestBuy.com features curated lists of gift ideas including the top tech of the season, great stocking stuffers, gifts under $25, $50 and $100, and gifts for him, her, kids and even the family pet. Visit BestBuy.com/GiftIdeas for a full list. Gift cards are also popular gift options.
1 The Best Buy Holiday Shopping Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among a nationally representative sample of 1,030 men and women ages 18+. The survey was fielded between Dec. 4 and Dec. 10, 2015, using an email invitation and an online survey. The margin of error at the overall level is +/- 3.1%. For complete survey results, contact email@example.com.
2 Free 2-day shipping eligible items have Expedited Shipping automatically selected in your cart. Select Marketplace items, some scheduled delivery items, items displaying “In Store Only” message, movies, music and other select items are not available for free 2-day shipping. 2-day shipping valid through 12/22/15 at 10:30 a.m. CT.
3 Select items, including music and movies, may have a shipping cutoff date prior to 12/22/15. Please check the “Get it by” date in your cart to confirm arrival prior to Christmas.