Best Buy is proud to rank No. 15 on Forbes’ 2022 list of the World’s Top Female-Friendly Companies, which recognizes companies that support women at and outside of the workplace.
This is our second time on the list. We are one of four retailers in the top 15 spots, and we’re one of seven U.S. companies in the top 20.
Forbes teamed up with market research company Statista to survey 85,000 women in 36 countries. Respondents were asked to rate their employers on criteria such as pay equity, parental leave and opportunities for advancement. Company and board leadership representation were also considered.
We’ve also been named a Top 75 Companies for Executive Women and a Leading Inclusion Index Company by Seramount, a research firm dedicated to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace.
Support at Best Buy and at home
Earlier this year, Best Buy teamed up with The Mom Project to help more women — especially working moms — find great jobs across the company, especially in technology.
We also offer a wide range of benefits and resources for parents and families, including:
- Adoption, surrogacy and fertility benefits for employees who want to grow their families.
- A Caregiver Pay benefit, which provides four weeks of full pay for those who need to care for a spouse/domestic partner, parent or child under the age of 18.
- Backup Child Care through Care.com that provides employees with 10 days of in-home or in-center child care for only $10 per day while the parent is at work.
- Community and mentorship through our Women’s Employee Resource Group (ERG). ERG members can connect with employees across the company, participate in career development opportunities and find support.
- Flexible work options for corporate employees, which include a reduced schedule at 80% or 60% (with a corresponding reduction in pay); or a job share, where two employees share one full-time position.
- Tutoring reimbursement of up to $100 a month for school-aged dependents.
- A variety of mental health benefits, including up to eight no-cost virtual or in-person counseling sessions per event per year.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Best Buy’s career website.