For the past decade, Best Buy has collected more than $160 million in donations for the annual St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign benefitting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®. We couldn’t do it without the continued generosity of our employees, customers and communities.
This holiday season was no exception. Our employees and customers went above and beyond, raising over $15 million at Best Buy store registers, online at BestBuy.com, on our app, during in-home service visits, and more. Since 2013, our communities have stepped up to support the children at St. Jude, making us the largest corporate fundraising partner.
This year demonstrated the true power of coming together to make an impact. Here are a few memorable moments:
- We’ve got (holiday) spirit! Our team in Lynchburg, Virginia was one of several Best Buy stores to lead the way in raising money to support the children of St. Jude over the holiday season.
- Best Buy employees gathered in Memphis, T.N. to participate in the St. Jude Marathon weekend. They raised $52,231, topping their initial goal of $50,000. Now that’s going the extra mile!
- A customer at our store in Lafayette, Louisiana, said he’d make a big donation if employee Adam Harris cut his hair. Challenge accepted. Adam cut off 14 inches and donated it.
Every penny helps make sure families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. Because of this, families can focus on helping their child live. St. Jude also shares the breakthroughs it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Money raised through donations can help St. Jude:
- Cover in-patient hospital stays of 1,108 days for two patients
- Provide 12,299 days of intravenous chemotherapy for leukemia or solid tumor patients.
- Cover the cost of treating 48 pediatric cancer patients, whose treatment can last three years or longer, at an average cost of $425,000 per patient and up to $1 million per patient
To learn more about how we continue our legacy of support for the St. Jude mission, click here.