October is Energy Awareness Month, and Best Buy is here to help you find eco-friendly products that can help reduce your carbon footprint.
At Best Buy, we’ve reduced our carbon emissions by 55% since 2009 and have pledged to be carbon neutral by 2040. We also operate the nation’s largest e-waste recycling program, making it easy for you to get rid of your old phones, laptops and other electronics and appliances.
We’re also committed to helping our customers live more sustainably and reduce their carbon footprints by offering energy efficient products. We’ve set a goal to save customers more than $5 billion on their energy bills by 2030.
Here’s a quick look at some products that can help you conserve energy and live more sustainably during Energy Awareness month and throughout the year.
ENERGY STAR certified products
Best Buy is proud to offer a wide variety of ENERGY STAR® certified products that use less energy, while helping reduce your energy bills. In fact, we’ve been named ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for eighth consecutive years.
ENERGY STAR certified products will use less energy over their lifetime compared to standard models, which reduces the energy usage in your home. Here are a few examples.
- Nest thermostat – A smart thermostat that learns your habits and will automatically adjust the temperature for you, even when you’re away. If everyone used an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat, we could collectively offset 13 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emissions each year.
- LG Dishwasher – When shopping for new appliances, make sure to look for the ENERGY STAR label. A certified dishwasher can save you an average 3,870 gallons of water over its lifetime.
- HP Neverstop MFP 1202w – The world’s first cartridge-free laser printer made with more than 25% recycled plastic. It is ENERGY STAR certified with a 16% smaller environmental footprint.
- Amazon Thermostat with Alexa – This brand new thermostat is ENERGY STAR certified, and for only $59.99, it comes in at a lower price point than other smart thermostats. Paired with a utility rebate, you can take this home at almost no cost.
- Sengled Smart LED Bulb – Compared to incandescent lighting, LED bulbs are much more energy-efficient over the course of their lifetime. This smart bulb has over 16 million colors to choose from and can connect to Alexa, Google, or Apple home kit to change colors and scenes with voice commands.
Other sustainable products
In addition to ENERGY STAR certified products, we also offer a full lineup of other products designed for sustainable living.
Here are a few examples:
- Logitech G502 HERO – Want to keep track of your carbon footprint? Logitech now provides detailed information about the carbon impacton some of their packaging. This new Carbon Transparency label provides more info on a product’s carbon footprint over the full lifecycle of the device – from materials sourced, energy during use phase and product end of life.
- iPhone 12 Mini Eco-Friendly Case – A case that not only looks good but is good for the environment. Zero Waste Movement creates biodegradable accessories made from earth-friendly, plant-based materials.
- Swift E-bike – This environment-friendly alternative transportation is great for the daily commuter. If you’re being conscious about fossil fuel consumption, lower your overall carbon footprint with an electric bicycle.
- Vitamix FoodCycler – Make use of your unwanted organic materials with a food compactor. The FoodCycler cuts down volume of food waste by turning your scraps into fertilizer in just a few hours.
- AeroGarden Indoor Garden – Reduce your carbon footprint with this organic, energy efficient garden that uses less water than soil gardens. Enjoy mess-free planting and harvesting with quick set up and easy controls.