Geek Squad Academy, a Best Buy signature community outreach program, is now accepting applications from nonprofits, schools, libraries and other community groups to host free two-day tech camps for youth this year.
Together, we’ll teach thousands of additional kids across the country the tech skills they need to inspire future education and career choices. Read on for details.
As a partner, here’s what you can expect:
- Passionate instructors – Our Geek Squad Agents and Blue Shirts are the tech experts. They bring energy and experience to teach classes featuring tested curriculum from leading partners like Common Sense Media and Mouse.
- Cool technology – We give kids hands-on experience with the latest technologies that support a wide variety of interests. That includes 3D printing, digital music production and computer coding.
- Inspired kids – After two days of interactive classes, kids will earn “Junior Agent” status. They will be able to apply their new skills in school, at home and in their community.
Throw in lots of chanting, clapping and a badge ceremony, and you’ve got yourself a Geek Squad Academy.
What we need from you:
- Lots of space – Geek Squad Academy needs six classrooms to hold up to 200 students. Also needed is an open area for lunch and group ceremonies over three consecutive days, including set-up time.
- Students – We ask partners to recruit 125-200 students, ages 10-18, for the free two-day camp.
- A handful of volunteers – We’ll need about five people from your organization to help with logistics as we prepare for and conduct the camp session.
We’re excited to prepare for our 11th annual Geek Squad Academy season. If your organization wants to be part of this unique and engaging experience, check out the complete requirements and apply here by Feb. 22, 2017.
For more Best Buy sustainability news, follow us on Twitter @BestBuyCSR.