Best Buy is honored to be included for a ninth year on Ethisphere’s list of World’s Most Ethical Companies®. We are one of three retailers to make the 2023 list.
The Ethisphere list recognizes companies based on culture, environmental and social practices, ethics and compliance activities, governance, and diversity initiatives.
Here are some of the efforts that contributed to our inclusion:
- We continued our yearly employee Code of Ethics training for all employees. This required course contains examples of real-life, everyday situations that they might face and helps guide their decision-making.
- We are more than halfway to our goal of building 100 Best Buy Teen Tech Center® locations by 2025. These centers provide participating youth access to tech tools, training, and mentorship to help them prepare for the careers of the future.
- We set a goal to help our customers reduce their carbon emissions 20% from using ENERGY STAR® products by 2030.
- We launched a scholarship fund for students attending historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs), committing to support at least 24 students over the next eight years.
- We continue to offer well-being benefits to provide greater support to employees and their families.
At Best Buy, our business is about doing well by doing good. We are dedicated to serving our customers, employees, vendors and communities in an ethical manner and will continue to strive to be at our best in every decision, every day.
About the list
The World’s Most Ethical Companies assessment process includes more than 200 questions on a range of topics. This year, the list recognized 135 companies located in 19 countries and covering 46 industries.
Ethisphere’s 2023 Ethics Index, the collection of publicly traded companies recognized as recipients of this year’s World’s Most Ethical Companies designation, outperformed a comparable index of large-cap companies by 13.6 percentage points over a five-year period.