Best Buy is proud to share that starting in January 2022, newly designed models of Best Buy’s Exclusive Brand (ExB) televisions will adhere to the European Union’s eco-friendly display enclosure requirements outlined in Commission Regulation 2019/2021. Our industry leading goal is designed to promote a safer circular economy and will better support the recycling of plastics.
Through our chemical management program, we address the human health and environmental risks in the following ways:
- Regulatory compliance. Our comprehensive management systems ensure the products we sell comply with all applicable chemical regulations.
- Beyond compliance restrictions. Our Restricted Substances List (RSL) constrains the use of CHCs in products and packaging, going beyond what is required by regulations.
- Goals. We publicly share quantifiable goals to reduce or eliminate chemicals in our products and packaging.
- Transparency. We report progress toward our goals in our annual ESG report, available on the Best Buy Corporate Responsibility website.
- Supplier monitoring and corrective action. We participate in the Responsible Business Alliance supplier audit program to monitor the safe use of chemicals by our suppliers and require them to correct any identified gaps.
- Trade organization participation. We support innovation in green chemistry and product chemical disclosure through our active membership on the Green Chemistry and Commerce Council (GC3) and our participation on their Retail Leadership Committee.
Building a sustainable future
For decades, we have been focused on making decisions with the future in mind to create a more sustainable world for our employees and the communities we serve.
In addition to the goal announced today, we have also invested in renewable energy and helped our customers recycle more than 2 billion pounds of electronics and appliances in recent years.
Click here to learn more about our efforts to create a more sustainable planet.