Join the energetic, fast-paced external communications team at the Fortune 80 retailer as a full-time, paid intern. In this role you will work with the communications team to tell the story of Best Buy, including helping with proactive and reactive media relations, content planning and creation, media monitoring and more.
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday,for approximately 6 months with potential to be extended.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist in building media relationships, pitching, prepping spokespeople and managing internal relationships
- Research, compile and maintain ongoing media contact lists
- Attend media interviews and events when applicable
- Assist in building pitch materials to showcase key campaigns and drive times
- Interview employees and customers that help tell stories that support brand initiatives to be used across internal and external channels
- Draft external communications materials for the Best Buy blog and communications team’s social media channels that support brand campaigns, key drive times and company announcements
- Assist in writing internal communications materials for the company magazine
Monitoring & Reporting
- Use media monitoring tools to compile and categorize media coverage
- Field incoming media requests
- Monitor and report on news stories and pop culture trends to identify relevant proactive media outreach opportunities
- Assist in preparing communications materials for on-campus events and activities
- Actively participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings and brainstorms within the communications department
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or public relations preferred
- Previous public relations internship experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism and manage multiple different tasks in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume and why you’re interested in the position, and any other materials you’d like to provide.