Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and people are expected to dish out more cash than ever for that special gift.
According to the National Retail Federation, Americans will spend an average of $172 on mom this year, up nearly $10 from last year and the most in the survey’s 12-year history. Total spending is expected to reach $21.2 billion — with almost $2 billion of that being consumer electronics.
As more consumers are looking beyond chocolates and flowers, Best Buy has a great mix of lasting gifts based on what Mom likes to do best.
The Fitness guru
If Mom is into fitness and eating healthfully, she can start her day off right by making a smoothie in her drink mixer. New headphones will help Mom rock out while she works out, and a colorful activity tracker will keep tabs on the calories she burns.
- Elite – Personal Drink Mixer – Magenta Pink ($27.66)
- SOL REPUBLIC – Shadow Wireless Earbud Headphones ($99.99)
- Withings-Activate Pop Activity Tracker Watch ($149.99)
Mom won’t have to wait around in the kitchen if her meal is in a slow cooker and, when she is gone for the day, a smart thermostat will control the temperature of the house. A lightweight laptop will keep her connected, and her tablet can provide entertainment during her well-deserved down time.
- Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker ($54.99)
- ecobee3 Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat ($249)
- Apple MacBook 12” in Gold ($1,299.99)
- Microsoft-Surface 3 ($499.99)
The Happy Host
If Mom likes to plan get-togethers, cleaning the house beforehand will be easy with an iRobot. A new camera is perfect for capturing her favorite moments during the gathering, and a portable Bluetooth speaker will let Mom stream her favorite party tunes.
- iRobot Roomba 650 Vaccuum ($399.99)
- Fujifilm instax mini 8 Instant Film Camera ($99.99)
- Bose SoundLink Color portable Bluetooth speaker ($129.99)
Every mom can appreciate style, so hook Mom up with a new case for her phone, tablet or laptop created by top fashion designers Cynthia Vincent, Isaac Mizrahi, kate spade new york or Nanette Lepore.
- Designer tech accessory from Cynthia Vincent, Isaac Mizrahi, kate spade new york or Nanette Lepore (starting at $29.99)