Windows 10 officially launches today, and millions of people will be updating their laptops and experiencing the new operating system. If you’re one of them, Best Buy and Geek Squad are here to help you understand and get excited about the newest addition to the Microsoft family.
First, here are a few things you need to know about Windows 10:
- It’s free. And by that, we mean it doesn’t cost anything to upgrade.
- It’s familiar. You might like to know the ever-popular (and missed) Start menu is back, along with the newer tiles.
- It’s loaded with new features. Playing Xbox on your 2-in-1, having a personal digital assistant (her name is Cortana) and more are some of the most interesting new parts of the Windows world.
Second, you can download Windows 10 on your existing PC. Or, if it’s time to upgrade and you need a shiny new computer, head to Best Buy. We have one of the largest selections of laptops with Windows 10 already installed, and they will start to arrive in stores and on BestBuy.com today.
Third, if you need expert service and guidance to get up and running on Win10, Geek Squad is here for you:
- Open Houses – Every Best Buy store will have free Windows 10 Open Houses for customers, staffed by Geek Squad Agents. These events will happen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in August.
- One-on-One Tutorials – Need more help? Schedule a one-on-one tutorial with a Geek Squad These are available in-store and online for 30 minutes, or in-home for 60 minutes. Prices range from $19.99 to $129.99. Use the tutorial to learn how to get started, where to go for help, the hottest new features, and more.
Finally, don’t forget about the extra goodies that are going to help you get the most out of your Windows 10 machine. From printers to mouse pads, and from ink to laptop bags, Best Buy has everything you will need to accessorize your computing life.