Best Buy Health today unveiled Lively Flip, a new, easy-to-use flip phone that’s designed to help older adults stay connected to family, friends and the health services they need.
The Lively Flip will be available in stores and online at Best Buy and Rite Aid later this month and at Walgreens in late October. It can also be purchased at GreatCall.com and through direct sales toll-free numbers.
The Lively Flip is the next evolution of the Jitterbug, designed to help older adults live their best possible lives. Voice services with Amazon Alexa are a new, enhanced feature that gives users the option to use their voice to make calls, write texts, check the weather and more. Users can ask general and phone-specific questions using phrases such as, “Alexa, ask Lively to call Barbara,” or “Alexa, what is the weather in Seattle?” that make it easier than ever to navigate the phone and stay connected.
“We’re proud to introduce the new Lively Flip. In addition to making it easier for older adults to stay connected to loved ones, it offers an entire response team, from personal operators to tech support and urgent-response agents, ” said Bill Yates, Best Buy Health’s chief marketing officer. “We know that our customers value the simplicity, reliability and easy access to our health and safety services. What we’ve done with the new Lively Flip is increase the accessibility of that connection and support with voice services through Amazon Alexa.”
The Lively Flip provides more features for older adults that provide greater ease of use. In addition to having a large screen and big, ergonomically designed buttons, the Lively Flip also has a:
- List-based menu
- Powerful speaker
- New, more intuitive interface for improved notifications and easier contacts management and texting.
- Dedicated Urgent Response button and access to doctors and nurses through Urgent Care services
- GreatCall Link app for family caregivers
- 8-megapixel camera and front-facing camera
- Long-lasting battery
- Reading magnifier with LED flashlight
- FM radio
- GreatCall Rides service
- Additional ringtone and color theming options
- Alarm clock and timer
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity
- Support of wireless emergency alerts
- New and improved Brain Games by Posit Science®
To learn more about Lively Flip features, pricing and plans, visit GreatCall.com.