As a worldwide company with a strong presence in Seattle, the Best Buy Foundation considers proposals from nonprofit organizations that serve the King County metro area, providing access to opportunities for teens through technology and career pathway organizations serving diverse youth
The Seattle Fund considers proposals on a bi-annual basis from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that:
- Serve the King County metro-area audience
- Have a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Engage Best Buy employees in volunteer efforts
- Teens and Tech programs that encourage teens to learn, experiment and collaborate with the latest technologies, developing skills and experiences to help them succeed in their careers, contribute to their communities and lead outstanding lives.
- Technologies include computing, robotics (robotics club funding is done through Best Buy Community Grants program), 3-D printing, digital photography, filmmaking and videography, graphic design, audio production, game development, programming and app development.
- Career Pathway programs that provide tech skills and workforce readiness to help teens obtain a degree or credential, achieve self-supporting wages or have opportunities for further education and career advancement.
- Rigorous tech-related curriculum, mentorship, and soft-/hard-skills training for youth
- Align training with labor market needs to ensure youth gain relevant skills and engage youth in work-based learning opportunities (i.e. internships)
- Pathways from high school to post-secondary/tech-related credentialing programs
- Opportunities for dual enrollment/college credits for underserved teens completing high school;
- General career-readiness training such as resume prep, mock interview, job shadows.
Seattle grant applications to the Best Buy Foundation are reviewed on a biannual basis, with the following application deadlines:
- Mar. 1 (Determination date by Jun. 1)
- Sept. 1 (Determination date by Dec. 1)
Organizations will be required to take the eligibility quiz at https://www.cybergrants.com/bestbuy/SeattleGrantEligibilityQuiz to see if their nonprofit meets the criteria to submit a Seattle application.
Grant Amounts will range up to $15,000.