These days, we demand a lot out of our headphones.
We want them to be comfortable and easy to wear. We want them to silence the noises around us. We want to be able to send and receive texts. Oh, and we want the sound to still be awesome.
The name of the game in headphones today is versatility. Whether you’re a frequent flyer, avid podcast listener or marathon runner, new audio technology gives you great flexibility.
(Plus we’ve got great deals on headphones for your last-minute shopping needs.)
Here are four trends to try out:
These in-ear buds are free of loose, stringy wires that tangle easily. Small enough to fit in your pocket and seemingly weightless, they’re perfect for fitness enthusiasts and on-the-go types.
There’s a range of true wireless headphones:
- The sweatproof, comfort fit headphones by Jaybird RUN.
- The weather-resistant Bose SoundSport Free.
- The smart listening technology of the Sony 1000X that adjusts noise-cancelling levels based on your activity and surroundings.
- The easy connectivity to other Apple devices by the Apple AirPods, which can clearly pick up the sound of your voice while talking and moving.
Noise-cancelling, over-the-ear headphones provide an in-studio sound quality made for working at your desk, watching movies on a plane or mixing your garage band’s newest single.
You can opt for:
- The enhanced clarity of the wireless Beats Studio3.
- The smooth, powerful sound of the Sony 1000X mkII noise-cancelling headphones.
- The smart device-compatible JBL Everest Elite 750NC wireless headphones that let you customize your listening experience through an app.
There are also luxury options online and at Magnolia, including Sennheiser’s HD1 or the wireless, noise-isolating and lambskin-leather-padded MW60’s by Master & Dynamic that feature 16 hours of battery life and extreme comfort.
Voice assistants are making their way into headphones. That makes it easier than ever to use your voice for simple commands, including playing your favorite songs and getting calendar updates. The Bose QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones have Google Assistant capabilities that allow you to control music, send and receive texts, and get answers without every laying a finger on your phone.
Worn around your neckline, this style of speaker provides an immersive experience above the shoulders while limiting what others around you can hear.
The Bose SoundWear Companion wireless wearable speaker boasts great sound quality for music and clarity for natural-sounding phone calls or accessing Siri or your Google Assistant.
To find out more, got to BestBuy.com or visit your local Best Buy store and talk with one of our experts.