Autumn is a colorful time of year, perfect for taking photographs of leaves, trick-or-treaters and outdoor sports action.
Capturing the perfect moment in a photo can be challenging, but we’ve gathered some tips to help. Whether you have a smartphone, DSLR or some other kind of camera, here’s how you can take pictures like a pro.
- Set your resolution to high and use the Auto mode.
- Try shooting from different angles.
If you’re shooting outdoors, be careful not to take photos of people when the sun is at their back.
For your phone:
- Tap the touch screen to focus and control lighting.
- Zoom with your feet rather than the lens itself.
- Take advantage of the editing tools in your phone to enhance the image.
For action photos:
- Use a high shutter speed, or put your camera into Sports
- Adjust your ISO setting to a higher number if you need more speed.
- Use a telephoto or long zoom lens to get closer to the action.
- Try various angles to shoot objects from different perspectives.
- Find patterns in the subject matter.
- Use a tripod.
For photos in low light:
- Turn off the flash to capture what your eye is seeing.
- Use a tripod, brace yourself or rest the camera on something solid to reduce camera shake.
- Push the shutter gently and smoothly, and you’re more likely to get blur-free photos.
For pictures of people:
- Put people off-center in the picture. When you have several people in a shot, pose them so their heads are at different levels.
- In daytime, use flash to fill in the shadows.
- Bring the person closer to you and use a wide-angle lens to include the environment in the background.
Visit our website for more photography tips or stop by your local Best Buy store.