This holiday season, turn your living room into a winter wonderland with the latest smart home devices.
Check out these tips to create that cozy atmosphere, while using green products that can help you reduce your energy usage.
- Add a glow to your living room with the Philips Hue LED light strip. Install the strip under cabinets, or around your TV by bending, shaping or cutting the strip to fit your space. Its multicolored, dimmable lights can create the right atmosphere. It also lets you sync the lighting with movies via third-party apps. Now the question is, which holiday movie to watch first?
- Let voice controls do the work for you. Connect your lights to voice assistants and adjust your lights with just the sound of your voice. As you’re watching that movie from your couch, simply ask for the lights to be dimmed.
- Save energy and help protect the earth with Philips Hue light bulbs. They can last up to 20 years, and they use 90 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Pro-Tip: Check out bulbs that are ENERGY STAR certified. Products that are certified go through rigorous testing, so you can be certain they meet standards for energy efficiency.
- For lamps that aren’t connected to Wi-Fi, plug them into the new Insignia Wi-Fi Smart Plug. Set timers or turn off your lighting display from afar, so you don’t waste energy. Plus, with Insignia’s latest model, you can monitor the power consumption of a plugged device via the Insignia Connect app.
With these tips and tricks, your holidays really will be cheery and bright.