For the fifth year in a row, Best Buy is proud to be recognized by Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies.
In announcing this year’s list, Barron’s specifically highlighted our commitment to helping customers reduce their carbon emissions, our e-waste recycling program and our gender-diverse board of directors. Our efforts have consistently placed us in the top five, coming in this year at No. 4.
Best Buy is committed to making a positive impact on the world and the people in it as we aim to form meaningful relationships with all our stakeholders, including employees, customers, vendors, our communities, and the environment. This involves us fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace, helping them throughout the lifecycle of their tech and in return, being pushed to achieve our goals.
Doing a world of good
Since 2018, the Barron’s “Most Sustainable” rankings have begun with the 1,000 largest publicly held companies in the U.S. Each company is then ranked on more than 230 performance indicators across a comprehensive range of areas.
A list of the indicators Barron’s examined as part of the rankings includes workplace diversity, carbon reduction, how companies performed for key stakeholders, community engagement and more.
This prestigious honor reflects our continued efforts in contributing to the common good, including:
- Helping customers recycle more than 2 billion pounds of electronics and appliances since 2009
- Reducing our carbon emissions by 61% and investing in renewable energy like solar, making progress towards our goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2040
- Prioritizing our five-year plan to promote our Inclusion and Diversity efforts to ensure a more equitable workplace for all of our employees
- Expanding our network of Teen Tech Centers where teens from disinvested communities can learn tech skills and receive mentorship, making great progress toward our goal of 100 centers by 2025
- Adding new employee benefits like enhanced mental health coverage, backup childcare, caregiver leave and more
- Embracing gender-diversity at the highest levels of our company, where 45% of our board of directors are female, including our CEO Corie Barry
Along with the 100 Most Sustainable Companies ranking, Barron’s ranked Best Buy as the top-performing company regarding our COVID-19 response in 2021. We were also recognized by the CDP Climate A List in December of 2021 for the fifth consecutive year, where we rank in the top tier of companies fighting climate change.
You can learn more here about Best Buy’s commitment to communities and the environment.